Report an Absence
High School and Lincoln Elementary students must report their absence through the PowerSchool Parent portal.
You will need to first log in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal account using a web browser such as Safari or Chrome.
**The Attendance Monitor feature is not available in the PowerSchool Mobile App
PowerSchool PArent Portal
For information on how to log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal, see this article: CREATE POWERSCHOOL PARENT PORTAL ACCOUNT
1. After signing into your account, click on the Attendance Monitor option in the sidebar at the left:
2. Next, click Report New Attendance and follow the steps below:
- Enter the Absence Date(s) that your student will be gone
- Choose a Reason for the absence from the dropdown menu
- Choose whether or not your student will be absent for the whole day, or part of the day from the dropdown menu. If they will only be absent for a partial day, you will need to fill in the time range
- Type in your Explanation for their absence.
- **This is a required field that will not allow you to submit the absence until the explanation is given.
3. Click the Submit button and you are done
You will also notice the tabs at the top of your Attendance Monitor screen. Any absences you have created in the Parent Portal will all show up under the “Report Attendance” tab. The “Dashboard” tab contains detailed graphs regarding your student’s excused and unexcused absences. The “Notifications” tab is any school notifications that have been sent to you regarding your student’s attendance.
You cannot delete any reported attendance once you have created them. You would need to contact the school directly for assistance. You can, however, edit a future absence if you know your child will be out longer than expected, or will be returning to school sooner than expected, etc.
For example, if you reported your student would be gone on a family vacation from September 7th through September 12th, but your vacation was cut short, you could log back in to the portal, click on “Attendance Monitor”, and click on “Edit” next to the entry you wish to make changes to. You would then click on the calendar to edit the date in which your student will be gone until, edit your explanation stating your student will be back one day sooner, etc. and click “Submit”.
****IMPORTANT**** YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPORT ATTENDANCE FOR THE ACTUAL DAY OR FUTURE DATES. YOU CANNOT GO IN A DAY LATE AND TRY TO CREATE IT IN THE ATTENDANCE MONITOR AFTER THE FACT. YOU WOULD NEED TO CALL THE SCHOOL.
If you forget to contact the school regarding an absence, your child will be marked unexcused, and you will have 24 hours to contact the school directly to get it rectified. After 24 hours, it will remain unexcused as per school policy.
If you have any questions concerning this service, please contact your student’s school.